Vision of UET
University of Engineering and Technology (UET) aims to generate knowledge for global competitive advantage and become a leading world class research University.
Mission of UET
To play a leading role as a University of Engineering and Technology in teaching, research, innovation, and commercialization that is internationally relevant and has a direct bearing on national industrial, technological, and socio-economic development.
“To generate electrical engineering professionals with knowledge, skills, ethics and innovation to contribute in socio-economic & environmental betterment of society”
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
B.Sc. electrical engineering programs in the department is designed to provide its graduates a solid educational foundation on which they can build successful and sustainable careers in electrical engineering, electrical technology or a related field. The objectives are:
PEO1: Graduates will exhibit their proficiency of applying the knowledge (mathematics, science and engineering) and skills (modern tools) to solve complex engineering problems related to electrical engineering
PEO2: Graduates will exhibit effective communication, teamwork, leadership as complements to technical competence.
PEO3: Graduates will incorporate economic, environmental and sustainability considerations into the practice of electrical engineering and are contributors to society through their problem solving capabilities.
PEO4: Graduates will demonstrate professionalism and uphold ethical values with integrity and commitment to continue their life-long technical and professional development.
List of PLOs
- Engineering Knowledge: An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: An ability to identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design/Development of Solutions: An ability to design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Investigation: An ability to investigate complex engineering problems in a methodical way including literature survey, design and conduct of experiments, analysis and interpretation of experimental data and synthesis of information to derive valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: An ability to create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: An ability to apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice and solution to complex engineering problems.
- Environment and Sustainability: An ability to understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: An ability to work effectively, as an individual or in a team, on multifaceted and /or multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: An ability to communicate effectively, orally as well as in writing, on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management: An ability to demonstrate management skills and apply engineering principles to one’s own work, as a member and/or leader in a team, to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Lifelong Learning: An Ability to recognize importance of, and pursue lifelong learning in the broader context of innovation and technological developments.
Departmental Mission With PEOs
|Electrical Engineering Professionals||X||X||X||X|
|With knowledge and skill||X|
|Contribute in socio-economic & env.||X|
|Betterment of Society||X|
University Vision with PEOs
|University Vision & Mission||Program Mission||PEOs|
|Generation of knowledge||Generate professionals with knowledge and skills||PEO1|
|World class research university||Produce professionals with innovation capabilities||PEO3,PEO4|
|Leading role in teaching, research and commercialization||Inculcate analysis and design skills||PEO2,PEO4|
|Impact on national, industrial, technological & socio-economic development||Instill potential to contribute for betterment of society||PEO1,PEO2, PEO3,PEO4|