To generate knowledge for global competitive advantage and become a leading world-class Engineering University.
To play a leading role as a University of Engineering and Technology and conduct teaching and research that is internationally relevant and has a direct bearing on country’s industrial, technological and economic development.
To provide technical training and education to equip students with skills necessary to become innovative, socially responsible and professional technologists capable of carrying on lifelong learning.
The program educational objectives for the B.Sc. Electrical Engineering Technology describe accomplishments that graduates are expected to attain within four years of studies. Following are the PEOs defined for this program
PEO_1: Graduates will become practicing technologists with hands on experience for solving application level problems related to core Electrical Engineering Technology and interdisciplinary fields.
PEO_2: Graduates will be able to conduct research, pursue higher education and enhance professional development in Electrical Engineering Technology.
PEO_3: Graduates will demonstrate leadership qualities and professionalism with impressive communication skills in their specialized field and will also show social and ethical responsibility in their professional careers.
PEOs UET’s Vision
Graduates will become practicing technologists with hands on experience for solving application level problems related to core Electrical Engineering Technology and interdisciplinary fields. ✓ ✓ ✓
Graduates will be able to conduct research, pursue higher education and enhance professional development in Electrical Engineering Technology. ✓ ✓ ✓
Graduates will demonstrate leadership qualities and professionalism with impressive communication skills in their specialized field and will also show social and ethical responsibility in their professional careers. ✓ ✓ ✓
The section 3.2.3 of the NTC Accreditation Manual-2017 lists the following set of knowledge, skills and behavioral traits to be achieved by an Engineering Technology undergraduate program. Department of Electrical Engineering and Technology, KSK Campus has also as a first step adopted the same list of attributes and expects the students to acquire the following attributes by the end of the program. These attributes will be updated based on periodic reviews of the attainment level in the further years. The list of attributes is given as:
- Technology Knowledge: An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, natural science, technology fundamentals and technology specialization to defined and applied technology procedures, processes, systems or methodologies.
- Problem Analysis: An ability to Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze broadly- defined technology problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to the discipline or area of specialization.
- Design/Development of Solutions: An ability to design solutions for broadly- defined technology problems and contribute to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Investigation: An ability to conduct investigations of broadly-defined problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, data bases and literature, design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: An ability to create, Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern technology and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to broadly- defined technology problems, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Technologist and Society: An ability to demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to technology practice and solutions to broadly defined technology problems.
- Environment and Sustainability: An ability to understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of technology work in the solution of broadly defined technology problems in societal and environmental contexts.
- Ethics: Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of technology practice
- Individual and Team Work: An ability to Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams.
- Communication: An ability to communicate effectively on broadly defined technology activities with the technologist community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management: An ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of technology management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member or leader in a team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong Learning: An ability to recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in specialist technologies
|Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)||Program||Education ||Objectives (PEOs)|